About the Product
Bitter Gourd Kondattam/Pavakka/Kayppakka/Kaypa Kondattom, or sun dried bitter gourd slices, is a traditional South Indian cuisine. Once fried in oil, these dried chunks become crispy and pair beautifully with steaming rice. Pavakka has a strong bitter flavour but remarkable therapeutic properties and is a good source of calcium, iron, and phosphorus.
- Bring the sliced bitter gourd, green chilies, salt, and enough water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce to a medium heat and continue cooking until the bitter gourd becomes soft.
- Remove from the heat and drain the water, then spread them out on a parchment paper/kitchen towel-lined baking sheet.
- After that, dry them in the sun for 3-4 days, or until they are completely dry. They should be stored in an airtight container.
- To fry, heat oil in a skillet and add the dried bitter gourd. Cook over medium heat until they bubble up.
- Drain thoroughly on paper towels and serve with rice or as a snack….
200g, 400g, 1Kg