About the Product
Black cardamom, also known as badi elaichi or kali elaichi, is a prominent Indian spice that is used in a number of the cuisine’s characteristic dishes. It comes in the shape of seed pods that range in colour from dark brown to black and have a smoky flavour due to the manner they are dried. It has a smokey flavour that is imparted by the method of drying over an open flame, which also imparts a distinct scent.Nutritional Facts
- Calories: 18,
- Total Fat: 0.4 g,
- Carbohydrates: 4.0 g,
- Fiber: 1.6 g,
- Protein: 0.6 g.
How to Use
- Black cardamom pods add a smokey flavour to soups, chowders, casseroles, and marinades.
- It pairs well with rice puddings, pastries, ginger fig chutney, and payasam.
- Black cardamom is used to make garam masala, which is frequently used to season Indian curries, snacks, and rice preparations.
- Blood pressure may be lowered by its antioxidant and diuretic properties.
- It is possible that this product contains cancer-fighting compounds.
- Anti-Inflammatory properties may help protect against chronic diseases.
- May aid in the treatment of Digestive Disorders, especially Ulcers.