Kokum- Malabar Tamarind (കുടം പുളി काली इमली)
Tamarind (Kudam puli) Kokum Malabar (Pot)This product is Vegetarian. Kokum in its entirety and of the highest quality sourced from Kerala and its environs. Additionally referred to as malabar tamarind, this fruit is used to flavour a wide variety of beverages, curries, candies, and pickles. It has a mild sweet and sour aroma and is extensively used in Kerala to flavour fish curries. It possesses numerous health benefits and is recommended by Ayurveda.Originally from India.Storage
- It is widely used in cooking, including in the preparation of curries in Southeast Asian countries. It is known to have digestive properties as it is a sour agent.
- Many Thai and Srilankan dishes add kokum as an essential ingredient.
- Kokum is good for inflammatory bowel disease and gastric ulcers because it is anti-inflammatory.
- It is the best thing to use to treat these conditions because it is also known to have anti-diabetic and anti-bacterial properties.
- Kokum extracts are widely available as weight-loss supplements.