About the Product
Arrowroot is a big, perennial herb that grows in tropical rainforests. It is cultivated for the starch derived from the rhisomes (rootstocks), which is both nutritional and medicinal. Historically, South American tribal peoples utilised arrowroot to suck out toxins from victims struck by poison arrows, hence the name “arrowroot.” Arrowroot cultivation was propagated in British colonies.
Gandhigram Arrowroot is made from the purest arrowroot roots harvested from the western ghats rain forests by the Gandhigram Trust Wayanad.
- Tamil – Ararutkilangu
- Malayalam – Koova
- Telugu – Ararut-gaddalu
- Kannada – Koove-hittu
- Arrowroot powder, as an infant meal, is a soft food for infants.
- For them, it is a nutrient-dense and easily digestible diet.
- Arrowroot has been used as a substitute for breast milk in newborn formula and to aid the baby’s adjustment following weaning.
- Pregnant Women’s Koova
- Arrowroot powder is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals for pregnant women.
- It contains a significant amount of Folate.
- It decreases the risk of urinary infection and constipation during pregnancy.
- Arrowroot is an excellent supplemental food for bedridden patients and convalescents due to its low calorie content, high electrolyte content, and vitamin and mineral content.
- It is a high-potassium food.
100g, 250g, 500g, 1Kg