About the Product
Nutmeg, a treasured spice, also known as Myristica fragrans, is a dark-leaved tree mainly cultivated for its fruit that is used as two popular spices: nutmeg, the inner seed, and mace, the red substance that covers the seed.Storage:
- Store ground nutmeg in an airtight container away from heat, light, and moisture.
- When stored properly, ground nutmeg will retain its freshness for approximately six months.
- Whole nutmegs will stay fresh indefinitely, but should always be stored away from heat and moisture.
- Although nutmeg and mace have similar sensory qualities, nutmeg tastes slightly sweeter and mace has a more delicate flavour, and both are used in light dishes for the bright orange colour they impart.
- Nutmeg is used for seasoning many dishes, including spicy soups, meat dishes.
- Ground nutmeg is also smoked in some parts of India.
- Rich in fibre, vitamins, and minerals, nutmeg has many health benefits.
- It is known to keep the digestive tract healthy and maintain blood sugar levels.
- Nutmeg’s antioxidant properties promote dental health, improve mood, and protect against the signs of aging.
- They are also known to have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- With Shell
- Without shell
- Nutmace (nut flower)