Anise seed (പെരും ജീരകം)
₹75.00 – ₹450.00
About the product
Pimpinella anisum, or anise seed, is from a flowering plant that has a close similarity to some commonly used spices like star anise and fennel. The seeds are small in size, brownish-grey, and have a slightly curved surface with an aroma similar to liquorice. Anethole, an essential oil derived from anise seeds, is a good flavour-enhancing component in Asian dishes.
- For the best shelf life, star anise should be kept in a dry, dark place. Whole seeds or powdered seeds can be used for cooking. However, powder loses its potency faster than whole seeds. Whole seeds can be kept for 3–4 years.
- It is added to baked goods, pies, and fruit tarts. It can be boiled to make liquorice-flavoured tea, brewed into alcoholic beverages, etc.
- If your recipe calls for anise seeds and they are not available, fennel seeds can be considered as a substitute.
- Rich in iron, calcium, and magnesium, these seeds are low in calories. It is known to have antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- A good agent for lowering blood sugar levels and aiding in the treatment of stomach ulcers, depression, and mild menopausal symptoms.
- Whole Seed
100g, 250g, 500g, 1Kg
There are no reviews yet.