Mustard Seed (കടുക് सरसों)
Brassica Nigra is the plant that provides black mustard, the most pungent mustard and a spice widely used in SE Asia. Mustard oil and mustard sauce are other forms of mustard used for culinary use. All parts of the plant are used for cooking. Seeds can be used as a whole, powdered, or added to hot oil to enhance the flavour.
- The dried seeds can be stored indefinitely in airtight containers in a dry and dark place.
- Used for making homemade mustard condiments and sauces.
- In India, these seeds are spluttered in hot oil and added to dishes, including stir-fried items along with other aromatic ingredients.
- Some use the seeds to make mustard oil, even for salad dressing, pickles, or chutneys.
- Rich in phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants, it is a rich source of vitamin B-Complex.
- Mustard oil is used to relieve muscle pain, rheumatism, and arthritic pain.
- It is believed to stimulate hair growth.
- It is also used as a laxative to stimulate gastric and intestinal secretion.
100g, 250g, 500g, 1Kg