Star Anise Premium (തക്കോലം चक्रफूल)
Star anise pods are shaped like stars and have an average of 8 points. Each pod contains a pea-shaped seed. The seeds and the pods are used as spices in cooking. This spice has a very distinct flavour from anethole, giving a liquorice taste and adding spice to Indian, Chinese, and Western cuisines. The pods are plucked before they ripen and dried in the sun till they turn a deep brown colour.
- Keep both the whole spice and the powder in airtight containers away from moisture.
- You may roast the powder to enhance the flavours.
- Whole pods can be used in garam masalas, chai teas, or even sauces, marinades, and soups. Hence, the pods stay as they are when cooked, so they have to be removed before consumption.
- With many medicinal benefits, this humble spice can be added to hot water to sip as tea just after a meal to aid digestion.
- Rich in vitamins C and A, it helps to boost immunity and works as an antioxidant against ageing or delays the onset of diabetes.
100g, 250g, 500g, 1Kg