Star Anise Premium (തക്കോലം चक्रफूल)
₹240.00 – ₹2,000.00
About the Product
Star anise pods are shaped like stars and have an average of 8 points. Each pod contains a pea-shaped seed. The seeds and the pods are used as spices in cooking. This spice has a very distinct flavour from anethol, giving a liquorice taste and adding spice to Indian, Chinese, and western cuisines. The pods are plucked before they ripen and dried in the sun till they turn a deep brown colour.
- Keep both the whole spice and the powder in airtight containers away from moisture.
- Whole pods can be kept fresh for up to a year, and ground spices may retain freshness for up to 6 months.
- You may roast the powder to enhance the flavours.
- Whole pods can be used in garam masalas, chai teas, or even sauces, marinades, oups. Hence, the pods stay as they are when cooked, so they have to be removed before consumption.
- With many medicinal benefits this humble spice can be added to hot water to sip as a tea just after a meal to aid digestion.
- Rich in vitamin C and A, it helps to boost immunity and works as an antioxidant against ageing or delays the onset of diabetes.
- Whole pod
100g, 250g, 500g, 1Kg
There are no reviews yet.