Fenugreek (ഉലുവ मेंथी)
₹25.00 – ₹170.00
About the product
Trigonella foenum-graecum, a clover-like plant, produces seeds that are very bitter and very hard. These seeds are called fenugreek. Fresh or dried leaves are used as a herb and the seeds as a spice. It is used as a flavouring agent in foods, drinks and tobacco, imparting a maple syrup-like flavour when cooked.
- The dried leaves and seeds are to be stored in airtight containers away from moisture and heat.
- Crushed or powdered fenugreek is best prepared just before use, as pre-ground powder loses its potency and freshness quickly.
- Toasting fenugreek seeds is a great way to ease powdering and reduce its bitterness, as toasting releases other essential oils.
- Fenugreek leaves are used as a spice in soups, curries, sauces, and yoghurt-based dips.
- Some soak the seeds overnight to soften them so they can be used as spice blends.
- This unique herb is used as an alternative medicine for lowering blood sugar levels
- Boosting testosterone
- Reducing cholesterol levels
- Reducing inflammation
- Helping with appetite control
- Increasing milk production in breastfeeding mothers.
- Fenugreek seeds
100g, 250g, 500g, 1Kg
There are no reviews yet.