Organic Tamarind seedless (പുളി इमली)
₹85.00 – ₹500.00
About the Product
Also known as Tamarindus indica, it is a leguminous tree bearing brown, pod-like fruits that contain a sweet, tangy, and pulpy edible fruit. Tamarind is used in cuisines around the world. The fruit is harvested when it matures and preserved for long-term use. The healthiest way to eat this fruit is either raw or as an ingredient in savoury dishes.
- Whole unopened pods can be kept in a cool, dark place at room temperature.
- After opening, store pods tightly wrapped or capped in the refrigerator. They will stay good for at least three months.
- Tamarind pulp can be extracted, dried, and preserved for a longer term.
- The sour pulp is frequently used as a component of savoury dishes, for pickling, or to remove certain poisonous elements from food, such as yams, making it safe to consume.
- Other culinary uses include flavouring for chutneys, curries, traditional drinks, masala tea, or even dips.
- It is a well-known traditional therapy tamarind as a pack applied to the forehead when one is having a fever.
- The fruit has a laxative effect due to its high quantities of malic acid, tartaric acid, and potassium bitartrate.
- Its use for the relief of constipation has been documented throughout the world.
- Tartaric acid is a naturally occurring compound that has been shown to have antioxidant properties and may help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Tamarind is a good source of several essential nutrients, including B vitamins, magnesium, and potassium.
- Normal Tamarind
100g, 250g, 500g, 1Kg
There are no reviews yet.