Organic Tamarind (പുളി इमली)
Tamarind is a pungent pod-like fruit of the tamarind tree that is widely used in cuisines worldwide. Tamarind has an unusually sweet and sour flavour that lends itself well to savoury dishes and pickles. Tangy yet sweet, with a hint of sour, tamarind, also known as ‘imply, enhances the flavour of chats and is a pantry staple in South Indian kitchens. It’s unsurprising that it has carved out a special place in Indian kitchens in the form of chutneys, digestive candies, and pickles.
- Calories: 239,
- Carbs: 63 g,
- Fat: 1 g,
- Protein: 3 g.
How to Use
- It is a common ingredient in sauces, marinades, chutneys, beverages, and desserts.
- Tamarind is a common ingredient in Indian curries and spicy dishes,
- where it is frequently combined with coconut milk to mask the tamarind’s sour flavour.
- Tamarind’s polyphenols possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- These can offer protection against heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- Additionally, the seed extract may help lower blood sugar, while the pulp extract may aid in weight loss and reversal of fatty liver disease.
100g, 250g, 500g, 1Kg